Modes of movement:
b. How to Mine
c. Formats of Mining
d. Finding minable areas
e. Mining Tips
3. Mining World
b. Chests and Gifts
1. Hold WASD keys to move in any direction.
2. Click on an empty floor to move to that location.
- There must be an open path to selected tile or you will not move.
- Used to travel further distances, or skip tiles inbetween.
(Teleporters explained further in Items section)
- Used to teleport to other people, other people's rooms, or caves.
- Available under 'Drills' in the catalogue.
-There are 4 types of Drills
1. Steel (10 uses)
2. Cobalt (50 uses)
3. Titanium (500 uses)
4. Diamond (1000 uses)
- The top right of the screen displays the type of drill equipped and amount of uses left for your drill.
- You cannot unequip a drill once equipped, you will have to consume all uses.
How to Mine
1. Fast Method: To mine a block hold the W, A, S, or D key in the direction of the an unmined rock.
Keep holding the key one you have reached the rock. You will start to see the rock descend as you are mining it.
2. Slow Method: Standing next to an unmined rock, click and hold the rock with the left mouse button.
You will start to see the rock descend as you are mining it.
Formats of Mining
1. Single Block precision mining(recommended)
- Mining each individual block separately, uses up 1 drill bit.
- Useful for mining specific blocks or valuable ores.
2. 3x3 fast mining
- To 3x3 mine hold Shift while mining a block.
- Mines a 3x3 area from the block you directly mine into, charges 3 uses of your drill.
- If you have less than 3 uses left of your drill, you will not be able to use this mode and need to single block mine the last of the uses.
- 3x3 mining clears everything in the area, so you will not recieves possible ores from any blocks except the one you directly mine into.
- Useful for mining through new areas quickly but can destroy possible valuable ores and consumes drills quicker.
You can press Shift + Enter to lock mining to 3x3 so you don't have to keep holding Shift.
The chat text bar will open so you will need to select Enter again before mining,
- To return to single block mining press Shift again.
Finding minable areas
- See Mining World
- While mining you may encounter a shorter block known as an 'Unbreakable Wall'. You cannot directly mine them,
however they can be destroyed if in the area of a 3x3 mine.
- The mining world can be reached at any time by opening the Navigator by pressing N and then clicking the "Open World" tab.
This will teleport you to the Town. Then you can follow the arrows on the ground to exit the Town to find unmined areas.
The further you walk away from the town, the more likely you are to find unmined areas.
- Any unmined block is available to any player to mine. It's the wild west out there.
However, it's encouraged to be curteous and mindful of other players' areas.
- When you mine a block the blocks will have a tan shade to them to represent your cave, while other players blocks will appear gray to you.
- The owners name of the floor you are standing on will always appears at the top of your screen.
- You cannot pick up items from other players caves or put items down in anyones cave but your own.
- Unlike the Underground, the Mining World has a limit to how many items you can stack on top of each other.
- The Mining World is 'infinite' in every direction.
- The Underground area is just black, so don't worry this is not a glitch!
- The Undeground allows for unhindered building and creativity since it does not require you to mine out an area to place studios or items.
- Placing a ladder anywhere in your Underground World will lead to the public Mining World.
- Placing a ladder on your floor in the mining world will lead to your personal Underground World.
- Each individual player has their own Underground. Other players' ladders will lead you to their undergrounds.
- The mining world is parallel to all underground worlds. So ladders will take you to the same exact coordinates but in a different world.
EX: A ladder placed at coordinates (10, 10) in the Mining World will take you to coordinates (10, 10) in the Underground of the player who owns the ladder.
- Useful for storage of items and building very large areas.
- The Undeground has virtually no stacking limits so you can stack many items on top of each other.
- Each players' Undeground is 'infinite' in every direction.
- Studios can be bought from the catalog. Pess 'C' to open the catalog, then click the 'Rooms' tab.
- Once you buy a studio it will appear in your backpack. You can place it like any other item.
- Once your studio is placed, you can right click on the studio walls to access the Pick up, Move, Sell, and Rotate options.
- Rotating the studio will enable or disable being able to walk through the bottom portion of your studio.
- Studio doors are purchased and placed separately. Once you place a door, you can type a room name into the chat. This will enable your room to show up in the Navigator.
- It is recommended to place your studio in your Underground World
since it's fast and free.
- If you are in the Mining World
, you will need to spend a large amount of time and decibels to mine out a large area to fit your studio.
- Some studio designs are only available through contests.
- Hovering your cursor over a rock will tell you what type of ore is in the rock or if it's just an 'Unbreakable Wall' or 'Stone'.
- Blocks with ores will drop small, medium, or large ore onto the newly exposed floor.
- The size of the ore is random.
- Right click on the ore to pick up, move, sell, or rotate it.
- You can sell items directly from the ground or from your bag.
- Different ores sell for different amounts with Dirt being the cheapest & Diamonds being the most valuable.
- The size of an ore will effect selling prices as well.
Chests and Gifts
||Ore Sell Price
|Small Dirt pile
|Medium Dirt pile
|Large Dirt pile
|Small Aluminum Ore
|Medium Aluminum Ore
|Large Aluminum Ore
|Small Ruby Ore
|Medium Ruby Ore
|Large Ruby Ore
|Small Sapphire Ore
|Medium Sapphire Ore
|Large Sapphire Ore
|Small Emerald Ore
|Medium Emerald Ore
|Large Emerald Ore
|Small Coal Ore
|Medium Coal Ore
|Large Coal Ore
|Small Quartz Ore
|Medium Quartz Ore
|Large Quartz Ore
|Small Iron Ore
|Medium Iron Ore
|Large Iron Ore
|Small Silver Ore
|Medium Silver Ore
|Large Silver Ore
|Small Gold Ore
|Medium Gold Ore
|Large Gold Ore
|Small Diamond Ore
|Medium Diamond Ore
|Large Diamond Ore
- To open a gift or chest, right click on it in your backpack.
- You receive a free Gift Box for entering the game every 24 hours. Gift Boxes contain common CaveJam original items.
Click here to see Gift Box contents
- While mining you will find Small and Large chests.
- Small Chests contain common CS items.
Click here to see Small Chest contents
- Large Chests contain rare CS items which cannot be bought from the catalog.
Click here to see Large Chest contents
- Available under 'Fast Travel' in the catalogue
- 2 types of Teleporters
1. Normal Teleporter
- When purchased 2 will be placed into your bag.
- To use put both ends down and specifically walk into the teleporter.
- They will be linked with eachother so be careful to not confuse them with other pairs you may use.
- Teleporters can be used at any distance, even if one end is in your underground and the other is not.
- If you pick up one end and put it down somewhere new, they will still work.
- Useful to quickly go back and forth from a new area you're mining and your home or another players cave.
2. Sensitive Teleporters
- Functions the same as Normal teleporters however, if you walk across it at all,
even if you didn't specifically select the tile it was on, you will be teleported to the other end.
-If the other end of a telepoter isn't placed anywhere the system will propmt:
'This teleport doesn't go anywhere!'
- You can also teleport to specific players under V-Egos in your navigator and selecting 'Go!' next to their name.
- To mix a song you must have a blank CD in your bag. (Found while mining and in Chests)
- Upload your own song or find another artists track on Soundcloud and copy the weblink.
- Approach a CC-3001 DELUXE and double click, a window will open with a text bar to paste the link into.
- You may make multiple copies of your own music, but other artists tracks can only be pressed once.
- The vinyl can be traded and wont return to a blank CD.
- To play a song, approach a Record Playor and double click. The system will prompt you to right click a vinyl in your backpack and isnert.
- Anyone in your view will hear the track, but after it starts if someone new enters they will not hear it.