Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
emerald ores acting as regular dirt
a couple times already I mined a couple emerald ore spots. The first one dropped nothing, the second one dropped a dirt pile. Something got messed up along the way of updates!
_-=~~***~~=-_
| Major Tom |
*~~=-----=~~*
Emeralds do drop sometimes. I don't know if they're bugged, or just rare. See: http://cavejam.com:2095/?352942
Network Engineer • Mathematician • Software Novice • Photoshop Professional • Musician • Dark Souls Enthusiast • Stephen King Fan

[Image: Rose_zps976cb6eb.png]
This is a known issue. I've been putting it off. Will try to fix it soon
Should be fixed now.
you rock!! havent tried it yet, but your relentless support is fantastic Smile

*edit*
Just found some and tried to mine it. Same problem Sad

Here is an example
https://imgur.com/a/7Tx38

I also had placed a teleporter to a location with an emerald before you said it was fixed, and when I went through it the emerald was gone as if it had been mined.
_-=~~***~~=-_
| Major Tom |
*~~=-----=~~*
Looks like it only happens to Emerald ore that is found within walls. Emerald ore that spawns in the middle of an uncovered cave seems to always give the ore.
The way I coded the game, it is only supposed to spawn emerald ore in the middle of caves. So the emerald ore you found within walls wasn't supposed to be there. That's why when you mine it you don't get any emerald. The server doesn't see emerald there because it shouldn't have spawned there in the first place.
I will investigate why Emerald appears to spawn in walls.
Thanks for reporting the bugs.
When you asked me to show you an example in-game, I had already found one 20 minutes before that and mined it. I'll keep looking.
Network Engineer • Mathematician • Software Novice • Photoshop Professional • Musician • Dark Souls Enthusiast • Stephen King Fan

[Image: Rose_zps976cb6eb.png]