Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drill Upgrades
How about a set of drill upgrades for QOL (quality of life) improvements? Some aspects of the game can become quite tedious (selling, picking up, etc.), so these upgrades can help alleviate some of these actions.

Implementation:
- Buy an upgrade
- Attach to drill
- Upgrade lasts for duration of drill durability
- Drills can have ~3 (unique) upgrades attached to them.

Upgrade Ideas:
1. Auto-pickup - Attach this upgrade to a drill to automatically pick up any minerals you mine through.
2. Auto-sell - Attach this upgrade to a drill to automatically sell any minerals you mine through.
3. Durability Up - Attach this upgrade to a drill to increase the durability by some amount.
4. Speed Up - Attach this upgrade to a drill to increase the speed of drilling.
5. Blaster - Attach this upgrade to a drill to increase the dig range. Now you will dig through any 3 blocks that are in front of and perpendicular to the player.
6. Luck Up - Attach this upgrade to a drill to increase the spawn chance of rarer minerals. (May not be possible, depends on how you are implementing the drops)

Gold Version:
- Upgrade stacking. Buying a single auto-pickup only lasts for 10 uses or until drill breaks. So a player can buy 3 and stack them on a single drill for 30 uses.
Those are actually some pretty awesome ideas. I could definitely implement some of these soon. Smile